Saturday, June 26, 2010

First Day On Koh Phangan


Today is our first day on the island (that we are actually awake...). There was a giant party last night, which Ashley and I selected to sleep through. The aftermath looks like the worst war zone. Interestingly, many of the white people on the island also look as though they have survived a fire fight last night. We rented a motor bike and have been driving through the jungle looking around. It is beautiful. Everything is so lush and green. It is overcast today and nice and cool (relatively speaking). This afternoon we are going to do more exploring of the island and we might get a massage. We got one before we left BKK at Wat Pho and it was amazing (although quite expensive at 480 baht/hour/person). We need to scope out a nice beach for Ashley's birthday one the 29th. The water is the perfect shade of greenish blue around the island. We took a little dip on the beach in front of the guesthouse last night and it felt like a hot tub. Our beach isn't that prime for swimming though as a lot of the whites litter alcohol bottles. There are less visited areas that we will find over the next day or so. The island is small so we should be able to see everything here.

Also, day before yesterday Ashley and I were randomly blessed by a monk. We were at the temple and we were taken back to his private home where he gave us 'good luck' bracelets and blessed us with holy water. He had the biggest DVD collection I have seen in my life. Now I know where all the temple donations go...

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys and miss you a lot! I hope you are having fun and I am enjoying reading your blogs. I hope you are having an amazing birthday and it’s everything you dreamt it would be! I know it’s not your birthday here but it is there! HAPPY 25th!!!!!

    Love you guys,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    I love and miss you all. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I get to celebrate my birthday for two days this way.

    ReplyDelete