Thursday, June 24, 2010

Leaving Bangkok


Scott and I are leaving Bangkok tonight at 5:00 pm for the islands. So much for it being a quiet get a way... there is a full moon party. The locals have told us this means there will be 40,000 people there. Luckily we got a guest house away from the party. We will be there until June 30th as I didn't want to be traveling on my birthday. Then we will head to the north to Chiang Mai which I am really looking foreward to. I've seen pictures of the island we are going to stay and it is paridise. I was informed that it is right by the island where Leonardo Decapro shot the movie the island. I don't think I've ever seen the movie but I thought I would share in case any of you have...

I am really happy to be leaving Bangkok. The city reminds me in some ways of New York City. There are people everywhere and they all want to sell you something. Yesterday Scott and I went and saw three of the Buddhist temples which were very pretty. We also saw a lot of extreme poverty which wasn't very pretty. In fact, it was extremely depressing. The worst is seeing children living in filth and squalor picking through it and eating it. There is always a party in Bankok until around four or five in the morning. Scott and I headed in early last night we were in bed by nine as I am still having a little trouble adjusting fully to Bangkok time. I perfer Bangkok in the morning when there is a slight bustle instead of a ongoing roar. We are off to have breakfast now and it is sure to include another pineapple, mango, coconut milk smootie which Scott and I really enjoy. Thus far we have been able to eat completly vegan which has been lovely. However, this may not be the case once we leave Bankok as I researched resturaunts before coming that serve vegan food. There were not specifics about these resturaunts around the islands so we will just have to try our best. We miss you all very much. I especially miss my cats and my fam... I love you guys very much. I don't know if we will have internet on the island but I am pretty sure we will be able to find a place in Chiang Mai. Bon voyage...

No comments:

Post a Comment