Monday, July 12, 2010

Scott is sick

Yesterday Scott and I tried a new restaurant and I could tell right away that the food did not sit right. An hour or two later I was feeling pretty bad and Scott was also starting to feel sick. We lied down for a little and then went and got a later dinner around 8 pm when Scott said he felt like he needed to eat something. After dinner we walked around a little and then went back to the guest house as Scott was feeling worse. We tried to lie down and go to sleep but Scott got progressively more and more sick. He started throwing up around 10 pm and didn't stop until 3 or 4 am. He must have thrown up 20 or 30 times. I kept trying to get him to drink water but he would just throw it right back up. At 3 am I found the nearest hospital in the lonely planet and got all the travel insurance documents ready. I thought for sure I would have to take him to the hospital as he was starting to throw up a little blood. I got him to take a pill that stops you from throwing up that I got from my doctor before we left in case of severe illness. He was able to keep it down for a few minutes and I think enough got in his system to stop him from throwing up because he was able to lie down and sleep. I stayed up the rest of the night because I was still afraid I was going to need to take him to the hospital as he was freezing cold but he felt burning hot to the touch and I still couldn't get him to drink very much water. At 8 am I went down stairs and waited for the Thai elephant home to arrive to tell them we would have to reschedule. Scott seemed to be doing a little better but I was still very worried. I went back upstairs around 8:30 am and slept until 11 am. Then I got up and walked down the road to get him some water, ginger soup, and brown rice. He was able to eat some of it and most importantly drink water, however, he is still very sick. He cannot stand for more than a minute or two at a time and he has been sleeping all day. I am not feeling very well myself but I have tried my best to fight it off so I can take care of him. He says he is feeling better but I have been waking him up every hour or so to get him to drink water. I was able to get him to sit outside the room for a few minutes so they could clean it. If he is not doing better by tomorrow morning I will take him to the hospital and get us both checked out. Hopefully we will both be feeling better and back to normal by then...

2 comments:

  1. Please don't wait long to update us on how both of you are doing.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kids. Beaker and I are sitting at the burl at your folks' and having a good visit about you both. Will go soon to the Mexican place for dinner - I'm starving. I still dream about your wedding cake; it was delicious. We've returned your huge mason jar (empty) that had flowers in it and hope some day to see it refilled with peaches.
    Take care kids, love from Bud and Lynne

    ReplyDelete