Friday, July 16, 2010

Recap


It is pouring rain at the moment so we are blogging it up to allow for the rain to slow. It is always very nice in Thailand after a hard rain as it smells great and is much cooler. I can't believe that Scott and I only have four days left here. It is bittersweet as we are missing home, our family, friends, and especially our babies.

We have done so many amazing things here! We have:

  • explored the jungle
  • found the most beautiful and deserted beach I have ever seen
  • played in the ocean
  • drank from a coconut
  • learned to cook Thai food
  • did yoga in the jungle
  • got soaked with rain
  • visited a Rasta bar
  • saw some beautiful temples
  • got the best massages in the world (almost daily for about $5 an hour)
  • were blessed by monks
  • ate delicious Thai food
  • saw beautiful hand painted umbrellas being made
  • saw silk being spun
  • made friends with Pakistanis
  • watched amazing Muay Thai fights
  • commissioned an artist
  • rolled in the mud with elephants
  • ate rice out of a banana leaf
  • played in a river with elephants
  • visited an organic farm
  • shopped at a bustling night market
  • slept on a train going through the beautiful mountains
I am sure there are many things that were wonderful that I forgot to mention because there have been so many awesome things! Best of all I got to share this amazing journey with the love of my life who has been my husband now for nearly a month.

5 comments:

  1. Hey guys,

    All is well here and we have been keeping up with the blog every day or so. We really miss you guys and are excited for your return! We are playing lots of baseball and getting ready to head off to steamboat next week. Dad had a good birthday and appriciated the wishes. It sounds like you guys have had an amazing adventure but we are glad to get you back! We love you guys and miss you! We will blog again soon!

    Love,
    Dad, Mom, Sarah and Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds really wonderful. I want to go too!!! Let us know if you need a ride from the airport. I'm sure your little kitties will be so happy to have you back and your garden awaits you. You two are so sweet, I can't wait to see you. Love, peace, joy and happiness! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you guys! We have been at baseball ALL day... hope to hear from you soon!!!

    Dad, Mom, Sarah and Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley's Fam:
    We hope baseball is going well and that you have a lot of fun in Steamboat. We are looking forward to coming home and seeing you guys soon. We have lots of pictures to show you and we want to make you some yummy Thai food.

    Love you,
    Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom/ Scott's Family:

    Thank you so much for sending your love and offering to pick us up from the airport. I think that our friend can come and grab us, that way you don't have to drive to DIA at night then Greeley, then back home. We will let you know if that falls through. We are excited to see the kitties. I think that you and dad should go to Thailand. It has been cooler here every day of the last month than in the US (I know because I have been watching weather on Al Jazeera from time to time). It was super nice on Phanong, usually in the mid 80's with the option of going for a swim in the ocean to cool off! Thailand is a lot of fun and while I am excited to get home there is a lot that I will really miss. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete