Thursday, July 1, 2010

Second to last day in Koh Phangnan

Today Scott and I got up and did a yoga class. It was nice to open our muscles as they get very tight from the motor bike riding. Then we did a cooking class which was rather fun. My favorite things that we learned to cook were Tom Yum a spicy soup with tofu and vegetables and Pad Thai which are rice noodles with veg and peanuts (we added cashews). We decided to take a break from the motor bike and the beach for the day. Bottle Beach is gorgeous but it is a bit of a rough go getting there... a little bumpy to say the least. Also, no matter how much sun block I put on I still end up a little burnt because the humidity melts the sunblock right off. It has been a little warmer the past two days. I am hoping we get a good hard rain tonight so that it will be cool in the morning. When it rains here it pours. Scott and I were out on the motor bike a few nights ago and we thought that a little rain would feel nice.... we were completely drenched. I have never gotten so soaked in my whole life. It was crazy! We will try to post pictures soon... it has been difficult to find the correct cord to get them from the camera to computer.

Will and Sarah- you guys would love it here. The beaches are sort of like Maui with white sand and blue green water but there are way less people. The Thai people on this island are very friendly (most of them at least) and they live a peaceful slow paced life. Yesterday we saw two monkeys holding on to the back of a truck that was driving through town. You see many tropical birds, monkeys, elephants and water buffalo around the island. This morning I was feeling a little home sick and laying in a hammock when this ginger colored cat came and lied with me. I think he knew I was missing my kitties and he had a cuddle and a knead. I miss you all very much and I wish you were here.

Tomorrow we are going to get up and head to Bottle Beach in the morning and then have a massage in the afternoon. Then the next day (July 3rd) we will get up in the morning and take the ferry then the bus to Bangkok. We are hoping to meet up with our friend Dr. Anne for lunch before heading to Chiang Mai. I am not looking forward to all the traveling as it takes forever but I am looking forward to being in Chiang Mai. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment